The land adjacent to the Guguta Café in the Stefan cel Mare Public Garden can be privatized, and the café will be replaced by a 13-storied building. The decision belongs to the judges of the Court of Appeal, who rejected the requests of the Chisinau Municipal Council (CMC) and the Agency for Inspection and Restoration of Monuments to prohibit the construction.

According to ZdG, the decision was delivered on June 7, 2018.

Thus, Regata Imobiliare Company, which bought the café from Finpar Invest LLC, controlled by Vladimir Plahotniuc, can privatize the land where the café is currently located, after the judges of the Court of Appeal cancelled the phrase "without rights to privatization" of a decision of the CMC of 2014.

The company also retains the right to build a 13-storied building instead of the café, as magistrates have upheld the ruling of the trial court on the cancellation of the phrase "with the current height regime" in the same Council decision.

The verdict of the Court of Appeal of June 7 is final and enforceable, but it may be appealed to the Supreme Court of Justice within 2 months from the date of the full decision.

The surface of the former café is about 1200 square meters and there is an adjacent area of ​​almost 1.5 hectares. Previously, the company was the property (82%) of the Chisinau Municipal Council, but in 2009, following some suspicious schemes, it became part of Finpar Invest - the first and largest firm, owned by Vlad Plahotniuc's family and one of the largest real estate companies in the country.

In the summer of 2017, Finpar Invest sold the café to Regata Imobiliare LLC, belonging to Biotehnos LLC, founded by the businessman Ceslav Ciuhrii.

Share:
Comment article Add to bookmarks

Feedback


No reviews