The young man, aged 17, wanted for the murder of the girl in Straseni, was detained on Tuesday, December 6 at the border between Romania and Hungary and has to be extradited to Moldova. 

According to the press service of the General Inspectorate of Police, the Budapest National Central Bureau of Interpol announced the detention of the citizen Vitalie Vlad. He left Moldova on 27 November through the Leuseni crossing point heading to Romania.

On 2 December, the young man was announced wanted through INTERPOL channels (International Criminal Police Organization). Therefore, on December 5, 2016, a red notice with respect to the young man was issued, specifying that he is a dangerous criminal, who had jointly committed an extremely serious and sadistic offense.

According to the prosecutors, four minors are suspected of murdering a girl. Two teenagers, aged 15 and 16, received 30 days of arrest each. The decision was taken by the local court. The fourth is only 13 years old and cannot be detained.

The lawyer of one of the minors said that his client does not plead guilty and that he was only a witness to what happened. Allegedly, the main culprit is the young man who fled to Romania.

On the other hand, the lawyer of the victim's ex-boyfriend has said that the boy partially admits his guilt, but he does not remember how it all happened because of the advanced state of intoxication. According to the available information, the victim's ex-boyfriend is a friend of the perpetrator, who robbed a bank in Straseni a week ago.

According to the prosecutors, the young men repeatedly hit the girl in the head with boards and bricks, which caused her death. Blows were inflicted after an argument that had occurred between the victim and one of the boys. It was also found that young people consumed alcohol.

Local authorities say that the four teenagers were supervised by a social worker, as they came from socially vulnerable families. Three of the suspects were previously investigated by police for thefts and robberies.

At the same time, four officers were dismissed following an internal investigation, initiated by the Ministry of Internal Affairs with respect to the murder of the girl from Straseni.  The head of the Police Inspectorate of Straseni, head of the Department of Public Order of Straseni, head of Criminal Police Department of Straseni and a district police officers were dismissed.

If found guilty, the adolescents risk to spend the rest of their life behind bars.

Recall that the minor girl was announced missing on 25 November this year. On Wednesday, 30 November, she was found dead in a house under construction in the same locality. 

Share:
Comment article Add to bookmarks

Feedback


No reviews