According to paragraph 1 of article 10 of European Convention on Human Rights, everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.
According to article 34 of Constitution of the Republic of Moldova "Right of access to information":
(1) The right of a person to have access to any kind of information of public interest shall not be curtailed.
(2) Public authorities, pursuant to their assigned competence, shall be compelled to ensure that citizens are correctly informed both on public affairs and issues of personal interest.
(3) The right of access to information may not prejudice either the measures of citizens’ protection or the national security.
(4) The state and private mass-media means shall be bound to provide the correct information to the public opinion.
(5) The public mass-media means shall not be subject to censorship.